Wednesday, January 18, 2012

V is for Vanity


When I was about 6 years old, my parents got me this pink plastic vanity for Christmas. It came complete with hair accessories and Mary Kay samples. From that moment on I was hooked on almost everything hair and makeup related.

I think that there is something so feminine and glamorous about vanities.
When I was a kid it made me feel like a movie star. It’s one of those simple things that can make my day just that much better.

Now obviously I’m too old to have a bubblegum colored vanity made in China, so I think it’s time to upgrade. Though I can think of plenty of other ways I should spend my money, a proper vanity is going to be my next furniture purchase.

2 beauty lovers said...:

Anonymous said...

I would love to have a vanity too! Have you seen the DIY vanity on the Beauty Department? It's gorgeous! I love it for the ruffles. If you're looking for something feminine and elegant, it fits the bill!

GiGi said...

I have seen the one from the Beauty Department and I love it! Although my DIY projects never turn out the way I want them to, I think I might give this a try.

Post a Comment