Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Caramel Hair Treatment


I tried this a few weeks ago for the first time, and I have to say I was blown away. My hair was left so soft and shiny that I cannot stop running my fingers through it. I think it’s actually getting to a point where people think I have a problem :O Anyways, I wanted to share the ingredients that I used.

Honey, olive oil, banana baby food, molasses, apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil, cocoa butter, and cornstarch (to thicken the mixture).

I wish I could give you the exact measurements I used, but I can never keep track of that kind of stuff. A friend and I just kind of guessed how much of each ingredient we needed and hoped that it turned out right! When it is done though, it should have the look and consistancy of caramel sauce- hence the name.

I left this in my hair for about an hour. I have to say this is the best my hair has felt in a loooong time. Normally I over process my hair with color and relaxer, but this made my hair look so good to the point where people think I’m wearing a wig. It also helped relax the natural curl and frizziness my hair has.

I was always skeptical about natural hair products, but they’re working wonders for my hair. It also makes me want to learn how to make actual caramel!

0 beauty lovers said...:

Post a Comment